Raytheon Leadership Day
Cal Poly Pomona’s Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) would like to cordially invite you to our 2nd annual Raytheon Leadership Day in collaboration with Raytheon. This event is scheduled on Sunday, March 31st from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, located in the Bronco Student Center (BSC) at our Cal Poly Pomona Campus. Admission to this event is FREE.
Raytheon Representatives will be present at the event and are offering you the opportunity to network, review your resume and participate in mock interviews. Please be sure to register by Friday, March 22nd!
Date: Sunday, March 31st
Check-in Time: 7:30am
Time: 8:00AM – 3:30PM
Location: URSA Minor, 2nd Floor of the Bronco Student Center (BSC), Bldg. 35, on our Cal Poly Pomona Campus.
To register for the event: Click Here
We hope you take advantage of this opportunity! If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com.
Carlton Forge Works
Carlton Forge Works (Carlton Forge Works) is a part of Precision Castparts Corporation, which is owned by Berkshire Hathaway.
Carlton Forge Works “produces seamless rolled rings and open and closed die forgings for the aerospace, gas turbine, industrial, commercial and nuclear industries with one of the most extensive lines of equipment and truly skilled craftsmen anywhere.”
Located in Paramount, CA
When you reach out, remember to mention you’re part of SHPE-USC!
CA High Speed Rail Authority
JC-68932 – Student Assistant
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT POSTING
Final Filing Date: Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing Civil Service, and the special trust placed in public servants.
|Job Control Details|
|Job Code #:||JC-68932|
|Working Title:||Student Assistant|
|Classification:||STUDENT ASSISTANT -ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURAL SCIENCES-
$2,093.00 – $3,227.00
|# of Positions:||1|
|Work Location:||Sacramento County|
|Job Type:||Student Assistant|
Are you looking for a different type of state government job? Something with a little more excitement and a more fast-paced and fluid environment? How about an opportunity to be part of one of the most remarkable transportation projects in California’s history? The California High-Speed Rail Authority is a small and dynamic state agency that is looking for employees who are interested in a challenging but rewarding job opportunity. The California High-Speed Rail Authority has an opening for a temporary, intermittent Student Assistant (Engineering and Architectural Sciences). Department Website: http://hsr.ca.gov/About/Careers/current_job_openings.html
The Human Resources Contact is available to answer questions regarding the position or application process.
- Department Website: http://hsr.ca.gov/About/Careers/current_job_openings.html
- Human Resources Contact:
- Please direct requests for Reasonable Accommodations to the interview scheduler at the time the interview is being scheduled. You may direct any additional questions regarding Reasonable Accommodations or Equal Employment Opportunity for this position(s) to the Department’s EEO Office.
Under close supervision of a Senior Transportation Engineer or other designated representative of the California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority), in a learning capacity,the Student Assistant will perform various engineering duties in technical areas and office tasks related to the assigned location and various work assignments, including but not limited to status reporting on the procurement of Project Delivery contracts, data collection and analysis, data entry and record keeping.
International Seismic Application Technology (ISAT)
Design Engineer (Full-time job)
-Technical support for ISAT’s services and systems
– Creating details with supporting calculations for review and stamp by Professional Engineer. Typical seismic support scenarios include shaft risers, wall mounts, frames, supplemental beams, vibration isolation mounts, anchorage of equipment, thermal anchors and guides, and vertical supports for MEP utilities.
– Understanding and clarifying engineering/CAD project scopes
– Assisting in developing quotes and cost analysis for projects
– Provide cost effective engineering solutions
– Develop a thorough understanding of seismic Building Code requirements as they pertain to nonstructural systems
– Engineering statics, solid mechanics, fastening design, anchor/beam calculations
– 2D CAD detailing of seismic bracing on MEP systems in 2D AutoCAD drawings/models
– Interface with 3rd party reviewing entities including but not limited to project design teams, engineers, and local authorities
– Answering engineering questions and providing information to clients on the phone, in person, or in writing.
– Candidates must have B.S. degree in Civil or Mechanical engineering, preferably with a California EIT/FE certificate. Construction Management or Industrial Engineering degrees will also be considered.
– Special consideration will be given to candidates with a working understanding of the following: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and/or Fire Protection system basic construction, including engineering terms, drawings, and trade specific experience.
– Significant 2D experience preferred.
– The successful candidate must also pass a criminal background check, preemployment physical and drug test and have a valid Drivers license.
ISAT offers highly competitive compensation packages in addition to medical and 401k benefits.
If you’re interested and have a couple of years experience, please email your resume to:
Anthony Rubalcava, our senior Structural Engineer
Crown Castle (www.crowncastle.com/careers) is recruiting for multiple Full-Time and Internship positions (MBA & Undergrad) this fall on USC’s campus, particularly a finance-focused and an operations-focused leadership rotational program that your members may be interested in. We would love to network with your organization this fall.
Workforce Planning Analyst
1220 Augusta Drive Suite 600
Houston, TX 77057
For more information on registration please visit the link below:
Family Science Program
A colleague of Darin Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) is looking for students to serve as a Family Science Program Instructor for 5 weeks at a local non-profit. If you are interested please contact Darin at the email above for more information.
Boeing Engineering Internships
We are excited to announce that we have 1 engineering internships external hub requisition posted this Spring which we will use to hire for all engineering functions. Our campus teams will be sharing this requisition with engineering students during our Spring campus engagements.
Here’s the link to the requisition:
Questions? Reach out to:
College & Diversity Recruiter
Early Career Talent Acquisition
Phone: (714) 267-1587
Metropolitan Water District Now Hiring!
Come work for The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California!
Total of 7 Entry-Level Engineering Positions Open
(Assistant Engineer I positions: Chemical, Civil, Construction Management, Electrical, Mechanical, or Structural)
For more information, please go to www.mwdh2o.com
click on the Careers tab at the top of the page,
then click on the Employment Opportunities link on the right.
Make sure to click the View All Jobs button, to see all job openings.
You can also try this link:
Metropolitan is a consortium of twenty six cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan’s mission is to provide its service area with adequate and reliable supplies of high quality water to meet current and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way. Metropolitan’s facilities include the 242-mile Colorado River Aqueduct (national historic engineering landmark); five conventional water treatment plants with a combined capacity of 2.6 billion gallons per day; nine surface water reservoirs; 800 miles of pipeline, ranging nearly up to 20 feet in diameter; 16 hydroelectric power plants; and numerous support facilities.
Engineering staff plans, designs and manages construction of new facilities, and modifies existing facilities to ensure delivery of high quality water to approximately 19 million people in Southern California. Staff works on some of the largest water treatment and conveyance projects in the world, supporting the delivery of an average of 1.7 billion gallons of water per day to a 5,200-square mile service area in Southern California.